Dental implants are the screw-systems that are fully made of titanium and inserted into the jawbone in case one or more than one or all teeth are missing.
We place dental implants at the areas where a tooth is missing in the mouth of our patients by means of an operation performed under local anaesthesia.
For the patients who lack only one tooth, implant is the best solution rather than causing abrasion on the teeth located next to the cavity while administering bridgework.
We suggest implant applications also for the patients who have partial cavity in their mouth according to number of missing tooth and condition of the area.
We enable our patients who lost all of their teeth inside the mouth to regain their smiling, chewing and speaking abilities by placing sufficient number of implants on their lower and upper jaws and then administering fixed or mobile prosthesis over these implants after radiologically checking the conditions of their bones. Thus, they restore their health.
HOW IS THE PROCESS OF MY IMPLANT TREATMENT?
- First of all, our clinical doctors examine you at our clinic through the high-tech radiological imaging systems which displays even the smallest details inside the bone and thus, they determine how many implants are required on which area. Then, our hygiene assistants meticulously make you prepared for the operation by obeying the top-level sterilisation and hygiene rules. The doctor who will perform your operation administers local anaesthesia in order to comfort you without any pain and entire operation is completed and all required implants are inserted by your doctor only within 30 – 90 minutes.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN AFTER THE OPERATION?
- There may be a slight swelling and mild pain on the days following the operation. Our clinical assistants will accompany you and take all necessary measures in order to prevent the emergence or minimize the severity of such conditions. Furthermore, your doctor will plan all necessary medical treatment for you and give you all required painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills.
HOW LONG DOES MY TREATMENT TAKE?
- The entire operation will take around 30-90 minutes depending on the numbers of implants to be inserted into your mouth. The time needed for implants that are inserted on your jawbone to integrate with your bone is averagely 2-3 months. This period is called osseointegration and all you have to do during this period is just to wait. At the end of this period, fixed porcelain or mobile prosthesis is placed on these implants. Such operations take approximately 5-7 days.
I HAVE PROSTHESIS THAT I HAVE ALREADY USED, IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE TO USE IT WHEN I RETURN MY COUNTRY?
- After it is checked and approved by our doctors, you can use your own prosthesis until new a one is placed.
TO WHICH CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD I PAY ATTENTION AFTER THE OPERATION?
- We kindly request you not to eat or drink something for 2 hours after the operation. You need to take your medicine timely and regularly. In addition to this, we kindly ask you not to smoke or drink alcohol and to maintain your oral care. Since our clinic which implements a patient-oriented treatment will monitor your dental health after the operation, in general, we do not face with any problem within this period. Your holiday continues…
I HEARD THAT THERE ARE MANY IMPLANT BRANDS. WHICH ONE IS THE BEST FOR ME?
- There are many companies which manufacture implants by taking the advantages of dental implants for the patients into consideration. As Anemon Dental Clinics, our mission is to provide the top-quality and most healthy and reliable treatment to our patients, therefore, we use top-quality implant systems. At our clinics the following products are used: ASTRA TECH DENTAL IMPLANT SYSTEM, MEGAGEN IMPLANT SYSTEMS and IMPLANT SWISS DENTAL IMPLANT SYSTEM. Even so, our doctors will inform you about implant brands in detail during your first examination.
WHAT CAN BE DONE IF MY BONE LEVEL IS NOT SUFFICIENT?
- Before inserting any implant, your bone size is radiologically measured at our clinics. If your doctor realizes that your bone size is not enough to perform an operation, she/he will explain you that she/he decided to implant artificial bone pieces into your mouth, which is called bone grafting. The area on which bone grafting is performed requires a certain period of time in order to enable the bone to be hardened and enable implant to comply with the incipient bone. Even though, the duration of this period varies according to implanted bone and condition of the patient it is approximately 4-6 months. When we encounter with such cases, our doctors will give information to you down to the last detail.
I SMOKE, CAN I STILL HAVE IMPLANTS?
- Scientific studies done in this field revealed that when compared with the non-smoker patients, the probability of facing a problem during the period in which implants of patients integrate with the bone is 2-4 times higher for the smoker patients.
I SUFFER FROM DIABETES, CAN I STILL HAVE IMPLANTS?
- At the first meeting with your doctor, you will be asked about your blood glucose value and medicines that you take. If your blood glucose value is not too high and your oral hygiene is at the optimum level, then your treatment will be successfully completed.